1. Can I register for one day only?
No. Your registration fee includes both days, continental breakfast, and lunch.
2. Can I pay the registration fee with a check?
No. All registration fee payments must be made with a credit card through the JRCERT website.
3. Will there be on-site registration?
No. All registrations must be done via the website prior to the conference.
4. Are there any discounts for registering early?
Early Bird Registration through September 6, 2019 is $350.00.*
Late Registration from September 7, 2019 through November 3, 2019 is $400.00.*
* There is a 3.5% convenience fee for all credit card transactions.
5. Will CE credits be offered at this conference?
Yes. Up to 12 credits will be offered over the 2 days.
6. Which airport is closer to downtown Chicago/better to fly into?
It is a matter of which carrier you are using:
Midway – Air Tran, Delta, Frontier, Porter, Southwest
O’Hare – America, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Spirit, United
(See Chicago Department of Aviation www.flychicago.com for more information)
Travel from either airport to the Blackstone Hotel (636 South Michigan Avenue) via taxi/Uber/Lyft will take about 1 hour. Traffic/construction/weather will cause delays.
7. How much time should I allow to get to the airport when returning home?
When booking your return flight home, please remember the following:
Allow 1 hour to travel to either airport. Traffic/Construction/Weather will cause delays.
TSA recommends you arrive at either airport at least 2 hours in advance of your flight’s departure time in order to progress through security in a timely manner.
If you do not travel by plane on a regular basis, please be advised that proper identification (state issued identification card or passport) is required when progressing through security. Check with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (www.dhs.gov) to verify that your state issued identification card (driver’s license) is REAL ID approved.
8. How far is the train station from the Blackstone Hotel?
Amtrak is located at Union Station (225 South Canal Street) and is 1.2 miles away from the Blackstone Hotel (636 South Michigan Avenue) – about a 10 minute cab ride.
9. Where can I find parking?
For people driving into downtown Chicago – try using an application such as www.SpotHero.com to reserve a parking space near the Blackstone Hotel (636 South Michigan Avenue).
10. Will there be wifi available in the hotel and in the meeting room?
Yes. Wifi will be available in the hotel and in the meeting spaces.
11. What transportation can I use to get around Chicago?
The Blackstone Hotel is centrally located just 3 blocks from the Harrison stop on the Red Line L-Train. It is also walking distance to the Blue, Orange, Green, Purple and Brown Line CTA trains. Fun things to do in downtown Chicago are moments away. The Blackstone is also located along several main bus lines and the Greyhound bus station is just 1 mile away. In addition, taxi cabs are easily accessible and both Uber and Lyft rides are minutes away via your smartphone. More detailed information is available at https://www.choosechicago.com/plan-your-trip/transportation/getting-around-chicago/.
12. Where can I find fun things to do in Chicago?
For a list of restaurants and sites to see near the Blackstone Hotel, scroll down to “What’s Nearby” after clicking here.
For a more comprehensive publication of “Things to Do in Chicago,” click the link for tripadvisor here.
13. Is continental breakfast and lunch included with the registration fee?
14. Why should I attend the conference?
- You will receive Continuing Education credits
- You can network with radiologic science and accreditation professionals
- You will expand your knowledge of educational practices
- You can support the radiologic sciences profession
- You can visit a world-class city rich with culture, entertainment, and diversity